At Eats of Eden you will find the usual range of food everyone expects to find in a health food shop. But if you look closer, you will see that we offer more than just healthy foods:
- Organic food: we offer a wide choice of organically produced foods and ingredients.
- Special diets: gluten free, dairy free, yeast free, sugar free…? No need to feel restricted; surprise yourself about how much is available in our shop to suit your requirements. Our staff will be more than happy to introduce you to tasty alternatives.
- Self-service bulk foods: Want to try something new but a bit unsure? With our bulk bins system you can try a little or a lot of nuts, seeds, mueslis, – according to your needs and your budget.
- Local: , Bread, eggs, honey, cheese, fresh organic vegetables and apples in season.
- Irish: Raw food, flours, seaweed, rapeseed oil.
- Fair-trade: Coffees, teas, sugars, quinoa, biscuits, bars…
- You can’t find it on the shelf, talk to us, we may be able to get it for you!
We know from scientific research that even really good food does NOT provide minimum recommended levels of all nutrients. So if you want to be your best, you may want to support your health and wellbeing with supplements. You can find a variety of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, living foods, probiotics in tablet, capsule, powder or liquid form at Eats of Eden .We make it our business to source the best from reputable and ethical manufacturers.
If you would like to join the increasing number of people who use time-tested traditional herbal products as their first approach to dealing with health issues, then you can find herbal remedies at Eats of Eden from licensed manufacturers who comply fully with national regulations . Come to think of it, even if you think you have tried everything, you may just be able to find a solution to your problem with a herbal remedy, as have many others in our experience.
It is not just about nice smells, you know! Pure, natural essential oils have a wide range of therapeutic properties and you can use them in a variety of ways. Essential oils can help you to relax, feel more positive, relieve pain, disinfect, repel insects and much more. And of course, you can make your home smell fabulous without the toxic ingredients found in widely promoted home “air fresheners.”
You can vaporise them, inhale them, use them for massage, and baths for a start. At Eats of Eden, you can find everything you may need for aromatherapy:
- Quality essential oils
- Carrier oils
- Massage oils
- Floral waters
We are proud to stock the Irish brand Atlantic Aromatics which has been supplying aromatherapy products since 1984 as well as Tisserand and cosmetics containing pure essential oils.
Back when conventional medicine relied heavily on techniques such as bloodletting, homoeopathy advocated treating the individual instead of the disease with remedies developed through detailed and careful experiments. Many Eats of Eden customers consult a homoeopath first when dealing with illness in the family instead of relying on conventional medicine.
Homoeopathy treats people rather than just suppressing symptoms, so many illnesses are best left to the care of a qualified homoeopath. First-aid situations on the other hand can often be successfully and safely self-treated with “over the counter” homoeopathic remedies. We carry a range of Weleda single remedies from Arnica to Sulphur, Nelsons’ combination remedies for sleep, hay fever, teething and travel sickness. We also offer the full range of New Vistas tissue salts, some of which we believe should be in every home.The Helios remedy kits are a brilliant option for those wanting an affordable range of remedies in a handy box.
Everybody knows about Rescue Remedy but did you know that there are 38 Bach Flower remedies altogether? They can be used in any combination in order to bring stressful emotions back into balance. Many delighted customers have told us how helpful they have found a personalised remedy tailor-made by one of our staff. You can also use the Bach Flower remedies individually.
The twelve Jan deVries Flower Essences can also be highly successful for issues such as disturbed sleep, anxiety, confidence, concentration, etc.
We also supply some of the more popular Australian Bush Remedies.
Do you think your skin is like a plastic bag impervious to what you put on it? It is just not so. What goes on goes in, which is why we are fussy as to what we recommend you put on your skin. As a result we make it our business to offer you skin care and other cosmetics free from sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate, parabens, aluminium chlorohydrate and aluminium zirconium, the “baddies” of the cosmetic industry.
Some of our range carry the organic logo while others have the Natrue logo to certify the high standard and quality of the product:
- Dr Hauschka
- Faith in Nature.
- Barefoot Botanicals and Allergenics cater for conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis.
- Zoya nail polish range: Nail varnish is one of the most toxic products you can apply to your body, so we are pleased to offer you this award winning brand . Not only is it free from formaldehyde, toluene, camphor dibutyl phthalate, it is also long lasting and comes in a variety of great colours.
- Natracare offers feminine hygiene products that are not only organic but also biodegradable.
Did you know that the inside of our homes is likely to be more polluted than out in the “fresh air,” largely due to the cleaning products we use? How you choose your home care products can make both your home environment and our waterways and the air we breathe healthier.
Wishing to leave as light a footprint on the earth as we possibly can, we offer you a range of household products. We use them for cleaning at Eats of Eden too!
- cleaning products
- innovative environmentally sensitive products such as firelighters, pot scrubbers, recycled clothes pegs and baking needs.
You can get oodles of FREE information just by coming in to Eats of Eden and picking our brains. But if you want to study a particular issue in more depth you might like to dive into a book, magazine or leaflet.
- Books by such respected authors as Patrick Holford, Marilyn Glenville
- Health conscious cookery books for culinary inspiration
- Network and Irish Vegetarian magazines
- Eats of Eden Guides: affordable leaflets on some of the most popular health topics.
Useful Bits and Bobs
- Alphamusic: A unique type of music that generates balancing alpha waves in your brain. A variety of CDs can help you concentrate, sleep, raise your spirits, settle your child and lots more.
- Hypnosis CDs by Glenn Harold to help you to relax and address troubling issues.
- Earthing tools to increase your vitality, reduce inflammation and lots more
- Synergetics, suitable for all levels of fitness, is a convenient exercise programme that can be done almost anywhere.
- Salt pipes and the Salin Plus Salt Therapy air purifier to improve breathing, as well as NasoPure nasal wash products, perfect for those who have allergies and other breathing problems
- BPA free stainless steel drinking bottles by Punc and Cheeki to ensure you can stay hydrated on the go.